What personally identifiable information do I provide to Warranty Informer, and how does Warranty Informer use it?
- Personally identifiable information refers to any information that identifies or can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Warranty Informer collects only the personally identifiable information that you provide to us if you register as a registered user on the Warranty Informer Website, such as your name and e-mail address.
- Warranty Informer uses your personally identifiable information to communicate with you regarding your account or the Warranty Informer Website. These communications may include, without limitation, notices regarding material changes to the Warranty Informer Website’s policies, service updates, and service enhancements. Since these account-related communications are necessary to ensure we provide our users with the highest quality of services, our users are not permitted to opt out from receipt of these communications.
- Warranty Informer may also use personally identifiable information to e-mail you newsletters or tips about how to use the service, inform you of product updates, or notify you about our own special offers or those of our third-party partners. You may choose at any time to opt out of receiving some or all of these communications by emailing us here or by using the unsubscribe link on any e-mail message you receive.
- In order to improve and create a more customized experience, Warranty Informer associates your personally identifiable information with information about your use of the website.
What other information is collected about me on the Warranty Informer Website and by whom?
- Like most websites, Warranty Informer employs cookies to recognize you and your access privileges on the Warranty Informer Website. A cookie is a small piece of information that a website can store in a designated file on your computer. When you visit a site, that site can access only the information which it stored in your cookie – not information put on your computer by other web-based services.
- Warranty Informer maintains internal logs of users’ use of the Warranty Informer Website. Logs include information such as IP address, browser type and version, and computer operating system. Warranty Informer uses logs mainly for systems administration and diagnostic purposes, and to detect improper use of the site. Logs may also be used to generate aggregate, non-personally identifiable information for advertisers or other third parties.
- Cookies and web beacons allow Warranty Informer and its third-party service providers to collect and analyze aggregate information about how its website is used.
- We also allow third-party companies to collect certain information within our email newsletters. These companies may place an anonymous cookie and use a de-identified, non-human readable version of your email address for matching to other data collected from (or across) sites about you to improve the relevance of online advertising and personalization. Never is your actual email address shared with any company.
How is my personally identifiable information or site usage data used?
- We may make personally identifiable information available without your prior written or electronic consent, as required by law, court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority.
- Warranty Informer may use other companies and persons to perform certain functions for us. These functions might include, for example, providing customer service and sending e-mail. These other companies and persons may have access to customer information (such as personally identifiable information) that is needed to perform their functions, but they are not authorized to use it for any other purposes. In addition, we may share information with other affiliated companies and joint ventures.
- We may use and/or distribute information about you and your use of the Warranty Informer Website in ways that do not identify you individually or reveal your identity.
- Demographic information provided by you may be used, among other things, to tailor your user experience at the Warranty Informer Website, distribute and show you content that we think you might be interested in, and display site content according to your preferences.
How secure is my personal information?
- We are very concerned about the security of customer data. All personal information is password protected and all passwords are encrypted.
How do I opt out of targeted advertistments?